Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Photo Friday: I Love. . .

. . . this picture of my friend Christine at Cafe Reggio in Greenwich Village, New York. It makes me think of a Hopper painting. I attempted two paintings of it over a year ago. One, a loose whimsy interpretation with acrylics, and the second extremely tight painted with oils and marojer medium. The loose painting needs to be re-worked. I started it when I was sick with a cold and hopped-up on cold medicine and it sure looks it! I bet I could re-do that one in one sitting. The second however, requires enormous hours of work. Hopefully one day I will finish it!

My friend Christine and I have been friends for almost 20 years. We have always been art partners in crime, having gallery shows together and many a "Painting Party". I thought I would post of pic of us painting together, and me working on her portrait during one of those painting parties. Our painting parties often involve loud inspiring music that we can dance around to and several coffee/critique breaks in between. Afterwords, we always celebrated our accomplishments with a big bottle of wine or two and lots and lots of laughs. I highly recommend painting parties among fellow artist friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow Cynthia...great post and how much fun is New York and a great Cafe....

I love the painting in the photo...it looks amazing...

Glad to see you posting...

Hugs
Diana

Unknown said...

You have yet to finish this painting my dear. Take time and do it. Acrylic copy? Did see that one. You know this painting will look way better on your wall finished.