Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sketchbook Saturday: Some REALLY old stuff

This is a piece I did back when I got my first real job as a graphic designer. I had taken some pictures of myself and a co-worker that were taken at a trade show we attended and altered them for fun. I had swapped our heads on our bodies and then applied some effects in Photoshop to warp the image. Hence, his worm-like head and flames above the both of ours. I then printed the image on a cheap ink jet printer and drew outlines over it with a pen, cut them out and glued them in my sketchbook. The effect is pretty neat and I would like to use this similar method again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Again with the old stuff..come on! I remember when you showed me this in your sketchbook in your car outside my house in the driveway. The point of you doing this blog was to grow and create again. I know your busy...but even a magical stick figure or two would be great....can't wait to see what you can do with magical stick figures. Hee Hee

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Magical stick figures? Is that something we talked about? Geesh!
I know I know. . . I need to get working on new stuff. Every day I have somewhere I need to be or something is going on. I HAVE been working on my stained glass project at every spare moment I get. So I will post that when I finish!
There are 2 Chrissy paintings (the cafe in Greenwich Village being my fav)in the works, and I will try to finish them soon.