Monday, February 25, 2008

Work in progress

What an exciting Monday morning I had today. Upon checking my email I saw that the guest judge for Monday Artday Candice Trew Camling voted me the winner for last week's theme "Getting Ready - for Peeekle Soup"! You made my day Candice, thanks again and again!

I wanted to post a picture of my current work in progress that's been eating up my time, but a fun new challenge none the less. I decided to take up stained glass, and my piece is finally coming together! After finishing the foiling process I will then begin soldering and I will post a picture of the finished product with sunlight shining through. I just couldn't wait to share!

I am mostly posting this for my friend Dawn who is forever reminding me to post something new. Dawn you are a good friend, thank you for constantly nudging me in the right direction. So you see, I'm working every spare chance I get!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cynthia....

great blog...and congrats on winning Monday Artday!

Cheers,
Diana

Unknown said...

Finally!! Something New! Hey, where's the swirl? Hee hee. Congrats on the winning! I knew you could do it. And I know you will continue to do so as you receive further and further blessings. Ripen that karma! Hee Hee! Hurry up and finish already!!! LOL Love you.

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Awww, you love me! I heart you too buddy! We need a chat box on here just for us :-P
Try cutting a swirl out of glass. You'd be surprised at how fowl your mouth will get after hours of cutting. Not to mention many bandages! I promise my second piece will have one or two.