Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 7 of 21 Creative Excercise Challenge

As if I didn't do enough sewing yesterday, I decided to do another squishie. This one I made for my Mom, since Mother's day is coming up. She loves embellished little things and all things that sparkle and shine. And the beach, she absolutely loves the beach.
She has a cute little summer place in Bethany Beach that just opened up for the season, and being closed up during the winter, and as much as she hates it, she has to leave moth balls around to keep spiders and mice out. This squishie is filled with lavender and smells amazing! Perfect as a little drawer sachet.


I also made her a trio of stretchie bracelets. Mostly cultured freshwater pearls, and some of the beads used embellishing her starfish squishie. There is also rock quartz and fluorite. I love mixed multiple strand necklaces and bracelets, and I hope she will like this too!

7 comments:

Jennifer Thermes said...

I love this!!!

Tom Barrett said...

Nice! I am sure your mom will love them!

RyanLoghry said...

Wow, that's awesome Cynthia. Great design.

Alicia Padrón said...

Your mom is going to love this.. I'm sure :o)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness...I have missed so much on your wonderful blog...

thank you so much for popping by and leaving me that wonderful message...I am so grateful to have met you...I hope and pray everything works out for my father-in-law...I am so lost when it comes to these things...the sketching really helps me on the round the clock hospital visits...

thank you for being such a great friend....

hugs
Diana

Paola De Gaudio said...

Your presents are perfect! she will be delighted with all your care!

Unknown said...

This looks so feminnen. Your mom loved these did she not? Lavendar. Such a nice tuch. But these were a little off goal? But I am glad you made them.