Thursday, April 17, 2008

Giving freelancing another try

So I am finally doing this. I have always wanted to work for myself, and thought the only way I can truly feel successful is to work for myself. I have been a professional graphic designer for 10 years now, and it seems the further I move along in my career the less creative it gets. The more pigeonholed I get. My last job was so out of touch with design industry standard software and I was becoming very rusty and uninspired. I took that job a year and a half ago as my "get out of DC commuting job", and the time just zoomed by.

Today I re-bought my URL www.cynthiadiblasi.com, and I plan to set up my website within the next few weeks. I have so much work to do I have no idea where to start!!! Today I also sent out my first set of proofs to one of my clients "KD Elite", needing a logo for their new business. The owner of the business happens to be a nice Polish gentleman named Kaz who is friends with my Polish Uncle, the Peeekle soup guy I painted a few posts back. He called me within the hour of emailing the proofs to his daughter and said in his thick accent: "You make me so excited like little boy, I love them all!" He called my Aunt and told her that if I was standing there with him he would hug me and squeeze the juice outa me! Jeesh!!! Now if I can make all of my clients that happy I'd be pretty successful!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cynthia!!! great for you...nice to take that leap and work for yourself...I wish you all the best and can't wait to see your web site!

keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Freelancing is such a pain but it is the only way to keep things interesting sometimes. Good luck. If I ever get out of school I will be doing the same thing I imagine.

Unknown said...

Looking this far back, I know that getting out there on your own was, is and always will be a struggle. But you are doing well and it is good to look back and just remember where you came from.