Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm mad at Illustrator CS2.

So lately I've been drawing all of my IF posts on my new Wacom tablet using Illustrator CS2. . . I'll slave over them for a few hours, save them, and open them the next day to see that most of it is missing! I got an error code ID = -50. So I looked it up, and discovered there is a ton of other people out there that this is happening to when using the brush tool + scissors + wacom tablet on Windows XP. Great. . . This happened to me twice! I shouldn't post a crappy version of my latest piece, but this is what it looks like after saving and re-opening:
Nice, hugh? I've kept my computer on for days and days because I know when I close this file, that will be it! I've been copying them and pasting into Photoshop to preserve the image.
So. . . I got myself an upgrade. Supposedly CS3 doesn't have that problem. I should be keeping my software up to date anyway. Is anyone else out there having this problem? I bet most of you have Macs. Apparently, this error has been tested on Macs, and guess what? No problems. Go figure! If you haven't guessed by now, I still prefer Apple products, I'm just forced to work on a PC.


1/31/08 Update!

So I got the new CS3 upgrade. Not only did Illustrator behave properly, it actually restored my corrupted files! Yaaay! The only other program besides Illustrator I've played around with since upgrading is Photoshop. Wow. Adobe has made some impressive changes! I'm so glad I got CS3. It doesn't take much to get me excited, I'm such a nerd. And if you've read this post to the end with all of my rambelings, I'm very impressed!

No comments: